Al-Farabi Kazakh National University prepares senior and middle managers according to MBA and EMBA programs
Duration of study for MBA - 2 years, EMBA - 1 year
Mode of study: full-time evening, modular-distance, weekend
The purpose of the MBA program is to prepare professional managers, to acquire new business knowledge, to develop competencies according to their application, to develop the ability to manage under conditions of permanent changes, which will allow to develop strategic thinking and leadership skills.
The MBA program is fully consistent with government requirements, as well as international educational standards.
Requirements for applicants to the MBA program
• citizens of the Republic of Kazakhstan and foreign citizens who have mastered professional training programs of higher / postgraduate education are accepted for EMBA / MBA programs.
• work experience at least 2 years for the MBA program, for the EMBA program at least 7 years of management experience.
• diploma of higher education or bachelor (or its equivalent).
• Persons who have received documents on education in foreign educational organizations, in accordance with the educational level and training profile, must undergo the procedure of recognition or nostrification of education documents.
List of required documents:
1) an application addressed to the Rector of the established sample (Appendix No. 1);
2) a notarized copy of the document on higher education with applications;
3) Document on personnel records (original) and a notarized copy of the document confirming the work experience or certificate of employment confirming work experience;
4) six 3x4 photos;
5) medical certificate form No. 086-U with fluorography;
6) a copy of an identity card or passport (3 copies);
7) resume / brief biography;
8) letter of motivation (Essay) (Appendix No. 2);
9) a list of scientific and methodological works (if any).
Originals are provided for verification together with copies of the documents specified in this paragraph. Originals are returned after the reconciliation.
Persons entering EMBA / MBA and admitted to the entrance exams, pass exams in two stages:
1) Testing for logical / analytical thinking and managerial skills. Testing is carried out on the online platform of distance learning programs - applicants get access to test delivery and date at the Admissions Committee after submitting the documents;
2) a personal interview (personal interview), which is conducted by the examination committee, to confirm the professional and managerial experience and ability to study at the master's level.
Retake of entrance exams is not allowed.
An applicant who does not agree with the result of the entrance exam may file a written appeal on the content of the examination materials and / or for technical reasons addressed to the chairman of the appeal commission until 13.00 of the day following the announcement of the results of the entrance exam.
Passing score - at least 80 points, including at least 40 points - in the first stage and at least 40 points - in the second stage.
Individuals, who complete the MBA program will be awarded by State Diploma with the award of qualifications and the degree “Master of Business Administration”.
Receipt of applications for EMBA / MBA programs is carried out during the year. Entrance examinations and admission are held no later than 10 working days before the start of the next educational discipline from the EMBA / MBA program (module), according to the approved academic calendar.
For questions regarding the admission of documents and program content, contact:
Almaty, KazNU them. Al-Farabi, VSEB, GUK 3, 221 aud
For all questions, please call: 8 (727) 377 33 33 ext. 12-48,